The Private Eye is committed to:
- evoking a sense of wonder
- accelerating learning in every subject
- developing creativity, thinking, communication, and problem solving skills
- making education relevant, exciting and intellectually stimulating for all students K-16, and for all adults
- encouraging looking closely, thinking by analogy, changing scale, and theorizing
- providing a fun, engaging, and flexible way for educators to meet national and state education standards
- providing quality materials, service, and teacher training workshops to help educators use The Private Eye process to achieve their education and curriculum goals
Rooted in a half century of educational research and in Kerry Ruef's original thinking, The Private Eye is easily the most efficient, investigative, hands-on minds-on inquiry program you can bring to your world. It is a powerful research-based strategy for teaching that can be used by every educator in any learning environment — simply requiring everyday objects, a jeweler's loupe, and a few simple questions.
Combine it with your existing curriculum and kits and use it regularly. You’ll achieve the same thrilling results that millions of students and educators have worldwide.